24 January 2014

Birthday Surprise: South Pacific - The Musical

Last night my husband called me and said he would be late picking me up from work, nothing unusual, so I waited.  About 10 minutes after I finished work he pulled up and told me that we were going to South Pacific The Musical!  Two of my brother in laws had gone in together and bought me a ticket for my birthday which was so lovely of them!  So we went for a quick tea and made our way to the Adelaide Festival Theater to have a fantastic night.








I would suggest going if you can though the musical does leave Adelaide on Sunday the 26th of January, 2014.  I managed to take a few pictures once we were there but couldn't use a flash so they aren't the best quality.  Also, though I wanted to take photos during the performance to show you the fabulous scenery, I didn't want to annoy the other people there with the light of my camera so I didn't.

Here are some pictures from their website so you get an idea:









The backdrops were amazing and made you feel like you had been transported to the South Pacific.  The costumes were great and so were the actors wearing them.  The music was fantastic with a live orchestra under the stage and the singer's voices were wonderful!  The musical itself was hilarious from start to finish and a must see!  It went for 3 hours with a 20 minute interval though it didn't feel anywhere near that long.  We sat in the Dress Circle which is the second floor and had a great view!

After the musical we went out with my husband's parents (they had also gotten tickets for the same night) and went to an awesome Italian Restaurant in North Adelaide called Nona (Nick's Of North Adelaide - what an awesome name!).  We got pizza and coffee and they were both absolutely delicious!  We arrived there around 10:45pm and they welcomed us with open arms happy for us to stay until 11:45pm and chatting the whole time.  I will definitely be going back there!


Watching South Pacific has made me really want to watch another musical.  They aren't cheap but are a wonderful experience.  I strongly suggest you go and see one as there is nothing better than live singing, dancing and acting!  Have you seen South Pacific & if so what did you think? Have you watched any other musicals?  I'd love to know what the good ones are!





No comments:

Post a Comment