19 March 2014

Review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 720 Notting Hill Nude



So today I was all set to write a post on March's Bella Box but on the way to work I picked up Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in the colour 720 'Notting Hill Nude'.  And I was so excited to try it on and take pictures that I knew I had to write today's post on it :)




The packing is a sleeker version of the Maybelline Lipsticks in a deep purple colour with a silver bullet.




I have had bad experiences with a Rimmel nude lipstick in the past and so I was quite nervous about trying another however this nude is a lot more natural than the one I tried.  It is a brownish pinky nude that is extremely wearable and very pigmented as Rimmel lipsticks often are.






So when I first swatched this lipstick I thought it was going to be too dark for me and possibly too old for me.



But when I put it on my lips, I LOVED it!   It was a lot more pink than it looks in the swatch (probably because of my bad photography skills) and though it isn't really a "my lips but better shade" it's still lovely.  It is incredibly moisturising and feels more like a balm than a classic lipstick.

Rimell claims:
"Lips so cared for, true colour is maximised! Maximised, radiant colour. Innovative formula with 3 super Moisturisers. Lips feel up to 70% more hydrated and up to 60% smoother! SPF 20, Vitamins A, C and E for protected lips."
And the lipstick definitely stays true to the claim.

The only negative I found with this lipstick is that it does tend to settle in the lines of your lips quite a bit and it is a tad on the brown side for my liking.  That said I really like this lipstick and will be wearing it as an everyday colour!

Have you tried this lipstick?  Let me know what you thought!




No comments:

Post a Comment