28 October 2014

Small Things Brighten Up My Day | Thinking About April

A little while ago I found the following quote on Pinterest after Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter pinned it.  And I loved it...
....and Spiritually Speaking: Smile in the Rain In my family a rainy, foggy, cloudy, not bright sunshiny day is a soft day, a pillow day, a family day, a day for reading, music, love, for sweet kindness. Use the rainy days. They're there for a reason. ;-)
Today is a rainy, dreary day that makes you just want to curl up on the couch in a blanket and drink hot chocolates with marshmallows... unfortunately today I had to work.  I walk about 3kms from the train station to my office and in the drizzling rain it can be quite annoying.  But this quote got me thinking as well as a little moment that happened this morning.

As I was waiting to cross at the lights a ute was waiting over footpath and when the light went red for him and green for me he was completely over the path where I needed to walk.  Now I can be quite a grumpy person in the morning if bad things happen and I was all ready to get cranky :)  But then the man in the ute shouted out "SORRY!" and just like that my day brightened ⛅ ☀☀

It just made me think that really being grumpy is a choice we make just like being happy is a choice... so make sure you CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!  It's a much better choice than choosing to be grumpy.

Let me know something that made you happy today :)




1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely post! I've been having a really stressful time at the moment with uni, so it's really easy to get down in the dumps with so much work to do! My mum could tell how upset I was becoming yesterday because I had to work but I also had a few assignments due -- so she went online and found some articles for me so it would save me some time! It was so thoughtful of her, but it put a huge smile on my face!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete