18 February 2015

22 before 22 UPDATE! | Thinking About April

6 months ago I wrote a post about 22 things I wanted to achieve before I was 22.  Well I turned 22 on the 1st of February so let's see how I did :)

1.  Get 100 followers on this blog and 50 followers on my Cooking Blog.
I went from 30 followers on Thinking About April to 36 & 13 followers on Learning to Cook to 18.  I didn't reach my goal but also didn't try as hard as I should have.  Plus this probably wasn't the most important goal ;)  BTW If you're not following me on Bloglovin you should!  Click here to follow this blog or here to follow my cooking blog.

2.  Achieve my goal weight.
I lost another 5 kilos and am feeling so much better about myself!  I want to lose a bit more but right now I am feeling really happy and actually want to go clothes shopping for the first time in a long time! If I lost another 5 I'd be happy and if I lost 10 I'd be ecstatic!!

3.  Become more organised week-to-week.
Some weeks I was more organised but most I wasn't.  But I really want to be!!  Let's see how I go this year :)  My friend bought me a Kiki K voucher for my birthday so I want to get one of their beautiful diaries and have my life organised!  I'll let you know how I go :)

4.  Become a calmer & happier person.
I'm definitely happier in most things than I was a year ago.  It's funny how much more confident in yourself you become, the older you get.  I could definitely be more calm though...

5.  Start talking to people I don't know.
I've been trying with this one.  I wouldn't say my list of new friends is overwhelming but I have put myself out there in certain situations that I wouldn't have before.

6.  Buy a "big girl's camera".
My husband and I purched a Nikon D5300 with a 18-140mm lens.  We love it!

7.  Own something from M.A.C.
I own 2 lipsticks from M.A.C. now and I love them :)

8.  Redo our main bedroom.
I haven't done this but it's definitely on my list of things to do next.  I have so many ideas so I might do a wishlist post for it.

9.  Go on a long holiday.
Done.  4 weeks in Canada and America was amazing!!

10.  Redo my rabbits hutch.
My darling husband completely this for me and it's fantastic!

11.  Have an organised pantry.
With all my time off over the new year I reorganised my pantry but I think this is a step that will be ongoing for all time.  It's not that it's unorganised now, I just like constantly updating how I store things.

12.  Own a Michael Kors Watch.
My birthday present from my husband was a gorgeous rose gold Michael Kors watch from America and it's beautiful.  When I do my American haul post I'll include a picture.

13. Get my two blogs organised!
Hmm.... we'll skip this one will we? ;)

14.  Cut my hair.

Well I cut my hair but didn't do anything different or dramatic... I still want to do something but really want to keep the length.

15.  Be able to run 10km without stopping.
Haha I can walk that without stopping but I don't think I could do more than 5km running.  I didn't really try to achieve this one.

16.  Learn some new songs on the Piano
I played the piano more but didn't learn any more actual songs.

17.  Entertain more on a fortnightly basic.
I didn't really do this one, but I did entertain more often.

18.  Reach my aim for our mortgage.
I can't for the life of me remember my "aim" so I have no idea whether I achieved it.  Given we went on a four week holiday I'd say probably not but I am still really happy at where we are at.

19.  Think of others before myself more.
I'd like to think I did this but I think this is something you can't really measure.

20.  Get over to Melbourne more.
We saw my family quite a bit particularly towards the end of the year.  Again you can't put a limit on this one.

21.  Get a hobby.
Still don't have a hobby.  I wonder whether I'll actually ever have time for one.

22.  Become more spontaneous.
I can absolutely say I became more spontaneous.  Gone are the days where I just want to go home to bed.  I am constantly wanting to have friends over and go over to friends' homes.  I am loving spending time with people I love at the moment.


Writing this post has been really good for me.  I can see how much I've grown over the course of 6 months and how I've developed as a person.  I'd highly recommend writing one of these.  It doesn't even matter whether or not you succeed in all your "goals" because you might come to the end of the year and realise they don't matter any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment